Women's Network Luncheon - "The Power of Negotiation: How to Ask For (and Get) What You Want"
Name: Women's Network Luncheon - "The Power of Negotiation: How to Ask For (and Get) What You Want"
Date: March 9, 2022
Time: 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM EST
Registration: Sorry, public registration for this event has been closed.
Join the GFW Inc. Women's Network for "", an interactive luncheon that will feature a panel presentation of local and regional leaders, connection time, and door prize giveaways.
This luncheon is centered around empowerment, valuing our worth, and asking for what we want. Too often, women underestimate our professional value or accomplishments and have difficulty advocating for ourselves. Representing a variety of industries and experiences throughout their career, our panelists will share stories and transformative tools on how to silence our inner critic and ask for things without apology. Potential topics include:
- How do you apply for that dream job, even if you don't have all of the qualifications?
- How do you navigate the fearful request for a raise or promotion?
- How do you negotiate company support for continued education or new certifications?
- How do you confidently ask for what you deserve without coming off as pushy, bossy, or conceited?
- Catered lunch will be provided. Please note if you will need dietary accommodations in your registration.
- While the GFW Inc. team is excited to be hosting this event in-person, your health is our number one priority. We will adhere to all current COVID-19 event guidelines with masks used at the comfort level of each participant, or as instructed by the venue.
- Registration Deadline: Friday, March 4
- NOTE: Payment is considered your reservation and is non-refundable.
Meet Our Panelists
Christina Moungey, Managing Director / Indiana and Ohio Region Manager of JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Christina Moungey is a Managing Director at JPMorgan Chase and serves as the Region Manager for Indiana and Ohio Middle Market Banking. In this role, she leads the team responsible for developing client relationships with mid-sized businesses across Indiana and Ohio. In addition, she also serves as co-chair of the Indiana Market Leadership Team, where she works to deliver the firm locally to employees, clients and the community. She has been with JP Morgan Chase & Co. and its predecessor institutions for over 20 years and has spent time in the firm's Indianapolis, Chicago, Toronto and London offices.
- Denita L. Washington is a lifelong resident of Fort Wayne, Indiana and has always had a love for people and her community. A 1990 graduate of R. Nelson Snider High School, Denita attended Purdue University Fort Wayne where she earned a Bachelor of General Studies with a Concentration in Organizational Leadership and Supervision. In 2015, she earned a Master of Science in Educational Leadership from Concordia University in Portland, Oregon.
- Denita is the Visionary and Founder of Fort Wayne Girlz Rock, Inc. Fort Wayne Girlz Rock is a dynamic not-for-profit organization that focuses on the development, empowerment, and positive exposure for girls in grades 6-12. In March 2021, Denita accepted the position of Director of Programs for the Fort Wayne Housing Authority. In 2018, Denita made history by becoming the first African American, as well as the first woman, elected to serve as the Adams Township Trustee. Denita has many accomplishments, however, her greatest accomplishment is her family. She is the proud mother of sons, Anthony and Quinten and granddaughters, Harmony and Naomi.
- Candace Inghram is a communication specialist with a comprehensive background in education and athletics. She began her career as a highly-qualified and certified teacher in her hometown, Tuscaloosa, Alabama. While earning her bachelor?s degree at the University of Alabama, Candace gained valuable experience working in recruiting for the University of Alabama football team, developing her love of football. Her experience prepared her to work in the NFL and NBA. She worked in public/media relations and communications for the Kansas City Chiefs, Indiana Pacers and Cleveland Browns. To further her career, Candace earned her MA in public relations from Indiana University and worked in business development for Faegre Baker Daniels.
- Currently, Candace is the Director of Outreach for Association of American Educators and serves on the boards of the Association of Fundraising Professionals and the Fort Wayne Urban League Young Professionals. She is a devoted Crimson Tide Football fan and enjoys karaoke, whiskey, wine and traveling.
Thank You to our Women's Network Program Sponsors:
Thank You to our Venue Sponsor:
For sponsorship opportunities or questions, contact:
Meghan Short, Director of Investor Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org