Women's Network Luncheon - 2022 Champions of Change Awards
Join the GFW Inc. Women's Network for our forth annual Champions of Change Awards that celebrates those who mentor and empower women in Allen County! This year, three awards will be presented - each honoring an individual making a substantial impact in one of the following sectors:
- Demonstrate an unwavering passion and commitment to our community.
- Are role models making a difference in the lives of others.
- Have made significant contributions that have inspired women to succeed.
- Have made Allen County a better place to live, work, and play.
2022 Champions of Change Award Finalists
This luncheon will feature an interactive keynote session titled "Relational Capital: How to Build Enough Social Equity to Influence Change" by Aaron and Janell Lane, former Champions of Change award nominees. Any relationship starts with a meaningful connection between two people. This session will focus on the power of authentic relationships to create personal, systemic, and organizational change.
Aaron and Janell Lane, partners in marriage, mission, and business, are Co-founders of Courageous Healing, Inc. a 501c3 non-profit organization specializing in culturally-centered mental health services and supports, and Courageous Living, LLC, specializing in culturally-competent consulting services . Janell is an EMDR trained, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, with over 13 years of experience. Janell is a dynamic counselor, presenter, speaker, community activist, and trainer with a unique way of relating information. Janell is deeply rooted in equity work and understanding systemic barriers, which has led to a passion for program development, community impact, and social entrepreneurship. Aaron holds a Master?s degree in Organizational Leadership from Indiana Tech University and a Master?s in Social Work, from Indiana University. Integrating his passion for personal and professional development and systemic change, Aaron enjoys working at the micro, mezzo, and macro levels, advocating for policy change to address systemic barriers, while helping heal individuals and families. He has a vast knowledge-base comprised of certifications in Emotional Intelligence, Lominger, DISC, MBTI and a variety of other trainings. He is devoted to and gifted in working with diverse populations, creating unity among others, and being a catalyst for community impact. Of all their titles mom and dad are their most valued, with a 7 year-old son named Jace who is shy, creative, introverted, and spiritually gifted, and a 4 year-old daughter, Nova who is bold, fearless, and the boss of the household. Luncheon Details:
- The 2022 Champions of Change finalists will be recognized at this event.
- The top winner from each of the three categories will be announced and awarded.
- Please note if you will need dietary accommodations in your registration.
- While the GFW Inc. team is excited to be hosting this event in-person, your health is our number one priority. We will adhere to all current COVID-19 event guidelines with masks used at the comfort level of each participant.
- Registration Deadline: Friday, May 6
- NOTE: Payment is considered your reservation and is non-refundable.
Thank You to our Women's Network Program Title Sponsor:
Thank You to our Champions of Change Venue Sponsor:
Thank You to our Champions of Change Event Sponsors:
For sponsorship opportunities or questions, please contact:
Meghan Short, Director of Investor Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org