Leadership 2.0 Workshop: "The Power of No" with Brenda Gerber Vincent
Do you ever find yourself burning out from all of your commitments? Is your bucket full of serving others before yourself? Are you dreading that event or meeting you agreed to months ago to please your boss/friend/family member?
Join us for "The Power of No" to get more of what YOU want in life and start leading with intention versus the expectations of others. During this informative and interactive workshop, participants will learn and practice the skill of saying no without regret. Topics discussed include:
- How to discern what you are truly passionate about versus just interested in.
- The difference between being engaged and glazed.
- Key decision factors on when to say NO.
- Ways to practice the pause & implement "the no / double win".
- How saying yes to the RIGHT things will actually give you more time, energy, confidence, and fun!
Meet Our Speaker: Brenda Gerber Vincent
- Brenda currently serves as the Vice President of Community and Corporate Impact at Greater Fort Wayne Inc. She is committed to creating quality and equity of place for all through economic development, programming, and leadership. Her passions includes empowering the next generation of leaders by creating opportunities for others to succeed and she is an outspoken mental health advocate.
- Brenda served as a Governor appointed Indiana Bicentennial Commissioner and serves on numerous committees and boards including, The United Front Initiative, The Board of Governors for the Richard G. Lugar Excellence in Public Service Series, AVOW (Advancing the Voices of Women), Vera Bradley Foundation, The Carriage House, Parkview Regional Hospital Board, and the “100+ Women Who Care” Steering Committee.
- Brenda is an alumna of the Aspen Institute for Global Leadership, the first woman in NE Indiana to be awarded the prestigious “Heart of Indiana - Torchbearer Award”, and in 2016 received the Sagamore of the Wabash, Indiana’s highest civilian honor.
- Brenda is proud to be a fourth generation Fort Wayne native. She received her bachelor’s degree from Indiana University, where she continues to serve on the Indiana University Board of Associates for the Student Foundation. Besides her husband and children, she considers her single greatest achievement co-founding the Carriage House, a rehabilitation facility established to restore seriously mentally ill persons to maximum social and employment functioning.
What Are Others Saying About This Workshop?
- "Brenda's presentation on the power of no is such an important and pivotal message. It provided us with the tools to make our best yes, empowering us to be more effective leaders, community partners, and board members. All new and seasoned leaders should listen to this presentation!"
- "This presentation was very timely and the truth I needed to hear as a recovering 'yes person'. It helped give me the tools to make decisions going forward on what the best use of my time and talents is to make the biggest impact, give others the best of me, and leave meetings feeling energized instead of drained."
- "I’m very thankful to have heard this message so early on in my career. Brenda is engaging, transparent and convicting. She reminds us that even if you make a choice and it’s not the right one for you, you can make another one. Leaders lose in the end when they say 'yes' to everything."
While the GFW Inc. team is excited to be hosting this event in-person, your health is our number one priority. We will adhere to all current COVID-19 event guidelines with masks used at the comfort level of each participant.
Barry Schrock, Director of Leadership Programs, email@example.com
Meghan Short, Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org