Leadership 2.0 Workshop: "The 3 Secrets to Becoming Indistractable"
Have you started to work on an important project but then found yourself scrolling your social media feed? Ever wonder why you seem to get less done when you multi-task? Your efficiency, quality, and productivity are directly corelated to your focus and attention. Being able to manage your attention and our focus amongst all the distractions around us is a skill that can be taught. Learning the 3 secrets to increasing your productivity, efficiency, and quality of life will lead you to be become "Indistractable".
- What is the Epidemic of Distraction?
- Why multitasking actually makes you less productive and smart.
- What is the opposite of distraction? (It’s not what you think.)
- How to become Indistractable at work and life.
Meet Our Speaker: Barry Schrock
Barry has been working in coaching, training, and leadership for more than 28 years as a basketball coach, educational leader, and business owner. He is currently the director of leadership programs with Greater Fort Wayne Inc. and is a sought-after high-performance coach, leadership trainer, and keynote speaker. He is an expert in helping individuals, teams, and companies discover high performance and unlock it for success. Barry has presented to thousands of individuals as a speaker, workshop trainer, company coach, guest lecturer, podcast guest and personal coach to C-Suite executives including CEOs, vice presidents, and managers.
Barry volunteers and serves in several capacities throughout the community. He has been involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters as a Community Big and Lunch Buddy, and in the Real Men Read program, as well as serving as a Junior Achievement 100+ Entrepreneurs classroom speaker. He was selected to the Indiana Leadership Association board as treasurer and serves on the advisory board for Founders Spark. Barry is the recipient of the 2019 Community Builders award for the state of Indiana and was nominated for the Champions of Change Award in 2019.
What Are Others Saying About This Workshop?
- "The statistics shared were very eye opening! It made me realize how distractions can disrupt productivity."
- "My favorite part of this workshop was being reminded to turn my values into time and put them on my calendar. I feel like my calendar is often reactionary to my coworkers but I need to be intentional in scheduling to get traction."
- "Excellent session that truly added value and was worth every minute of our calendars!"
While the GFW Inc. team is excited to be hosting this event in-person, your health is our number one priority. We will adhere to all current COVID-19 event guidelines with masks used at the comfort level of each participant.
Barry Schrock, Director of Leadership Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org
Meghan Short, Program Coordinator, email@example.com