Leadership 2.0 Two-Day Workshop: "How to Create, Prepare and Deliver Powerful Presentations"
Have you ever been asked to provide an update to your work team, boss, or board? Do you find yourself nervous before speaking to a group? Do you want to boost your impact the next time you speak?
Everyone can benefit from better communication skills. Whether you are looking for basic principles or advanced techniques, this in-person training will help you create, prepare, and communicate your best.
This interactive 2-day workshop is designed for professionals who find that presentations are a part of their professional life. Participants will learn and practice the steps to make and deliver effective presentations using specific strategies, practice, and real-time coaching. Topics that will be covered include:
- How to design and create a presentation that engages and informs.
- The steps to control nerves, build and project your confidence.
- How to prepare and deliver a presentation that makes an impact.
- Communicate with purpose, passion, and poise whether in-person or virtually.
- Receiving and implementing effective feedback through real-time coaching.
Tuesday, August 24 from 1-5pm
Thursday, August 26 from 8:30-11:30am
Registration is limited to only 20 participants, so reserve your seat now!
Meet Our Speakers:
Brenda Gerber Vincent
- Brenda is committed to creating quality and equity of place for all through economic development, programming, and leadership. In her role as VP of community and corporate impact, she manages investor services, community and corporate partnerships, signature programs, advocacy, communications, and more.
- Brenda served as a Governor-appointed Indiana Bicentennial Commissioner, and serves on numerous committees and boards including the United Front Initiative, the Board of Governors for the Richard G. Lugar Excellence in Public Service Series, AVOW (Advancing the Voices of Women), the Vera Bradley Foundation, the Carriage House, Parkview Regional Medical Center, and the “100+ Women Who Care” Steering Committee. Brenda was the only representative from northeast Indiana appointed by Governor Holcomb to serve on the newly created Opportunity Zones Task Force, a federal initiative to bring private-sector investments to low-income areas in Fort Wayne and northeast Indiana.
- A proud fourth-generation Fort Wayne native, she received her bachelor’s degree from Indiana University, where she continues to serve on the Indiana University Board of Associates for the Student Foundation. Besides her husband and children, she considers her single greatest achievement co-founding the Carriage House, a rehabilitation facility established to restore seriously mentally ill persons to maximum social and employment functioning.
- Brenda is an alumna of the Aspen Institute for Global Leadership, has appeared on CNN, and has been featured in numerous publications. In 2018, she was the first woman in northeast Indiana to be awarded the prestigious “Heart of Indiana – Torchbearer Award,” and in 2016 received the Sagamore of the Wabash, Indiana’s highest civilian honor.
- Barry has been working in coaching, training, and leadership for more than 28 years as a basketball coach, educational leader, and business owner. He is currently the director of leadership programs with Greater Fort Wayne Inc. and is a sought-after high-performance coach, leadership trainer, and keynote speaker. He is an expert in helping individuals, teams, and companies discover high performance and unlock it for success. Barry has presented to thousands of individuals as a speaker, workshop trainer, company coach, guest lecturer, podcast guest and personal coach to C-Suite executives including CEOs, vice presidents, and managers.
- Barry volunteers and serves in several capacities throughout the community. He has been involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters as a Community Big and Lunch Buddy, and in the Real Men Read program, as well as serving as a Junior Achievement 100+ Entrepreneurs classroom speaker. He was selected to the Indiana Leadership Association board as treasurer and serves on the advisory board for Bring It-Push It-Own It and Founders Spark. Barry recently received the Community Builders award for the state of Indiana and was nominated for the Champions of Change Award in 2019.
While the GFW Inc. team is excited to be hosting this event in-person, your health is our number one priority. We will adhere to all COVID-19 event guidelines with masks used at the comfort level of each participant.
Barry Schrock, Director of Leadership Programs, email@example.com
Meghan Short, Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org